On October 19th Christiana Fire Company, E32 (Wilmington Manor),E23 (Minquas) and Ladder 17 (Five Points) were alerted to Nichole Ct in Hawks Nest for smoke in a dwelling. Assistant Chief Lutz arrived to find smoke coming from the home. Engine 126 arrived and deployed an attack line and found a dryer smoking. The dryer had been extinguished by a burnt through water line. Ladder 12 arrived and the crews quickly searched the home and checked for extension. No extension was found and searched proved negative. Units remained on the scene for a hour.